Looking to make a start in I.T. but not sure of where to make the first step? Avonmore’s Computer Technician’s Certificate is the perfect introduction to the world of I.T. and becoming a Computer Technician.
You’ll gain the fundamental knowledge and skills required for entry-level employment or futher training in the exciting world of I.T.
- PC Components and Systems
- Help Desk and Supporting Users
- Elementary Security Issues
- Installation and configuration of operating systems
Qualifications the student will gain:
Avonmore Computer Technician’s Certificate
The course leads you to complete the first Comptia A+ exam. Comptia A+ is the an internationally recognised qualification for Computer Technicians. Any NZ employer will expect you to have this so we make sure it’s part of your course.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIESNetwork Systems Engineer, Microsoft Certifed Network Engineer, I.T. Technician, Network Engineer, Help Desk Operator. NZIE’s own Recruitment Agency , ‘Think Recruit’ will assist you with work placement.
DURATION16 weeks plus holidays
New Zealand Students
- A minimum age of 17
- A desire to work in the I.T. industry
- Passing an Avonmore Entry test which covers literacy and numeracy
- 5.5 or higher for IELTS (or an equivalent test)
- Students must be at least 18 years old
CAMPUSTakapuna ( North Shore)
See the fees section of the website.
This is an NZQA government-approved course so if you are a New Zealander then you can access a student loan and allowance.
To find out more or enrol : click on the ‘want to know more’ button and send us your details. We’ll contact you within 24 hours with more information.