IELTS Academic Preparation Classes
Improve your IELTS score for entry into University or immigration to New Zealand.
This is a full-time programme for students intending to sit the IELTS Academic exam. The programme will help you understand the structure and content of the IELTS exam so you can achieve the best possible results. It covers the four sections of the test: listening, reading, writing and the interview. Only students with an advanced level of General English can enrol in this course. If you feel your English isn’t advanced enough and you’d like to sit IELTS we recommend you take our General English Course first
What do we offer?
- Our classes are based on internationally recognized ESL systems
- You’ll get one-on-one time with a teacher every time you complete a test. This means we can track your progress and give you great support
- The listening section includes understanding the language of instruction, previewing and predicting, listening for the general idea and specific details and anticipating specific information
- The reading section develops strategies for following instructions, speed reading, skimming and scanning, guessing the meaning of vocabulary from context and developing vocabulary knowledge in specific topic areas
- The writing section includes analyzing essay topics, developing paragraph and essay structure, writing to a time limit and how to use relevant information and proof-reading
- The interview section covers understanding the format of the interview and general oral fluency and accuracy;
- We’ll give you lots of opportunities to practice all the sections and receive individual feedback
- Upon completion, you will receive a General English Certificate from NZIE
Start dates: Every week on Monday (except for the weeks that include Christmas and New Year).
Hours of tuition: Class time: 4 hours teacher contact per day (Monday – Friday) . 4 hours computerized language support.
Once you’ve successfully completed this course you can: – enrol in a NZIE Diploma programme in Business or I.T. or enrol on a University programme once your IELTS score has reached the required level.