General English for all levels
Want to learn English in a great location near the beach? Choose from our wide range of study options.
Our English courses are run by experienced and qualified teachers who are there to help you improve your everyday English. They’ll make the process fun through a balanced mix of speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar. Our small class sizes will give you plenty of one-to-one attention so you’ll be speaking and understanding English very quickly.
Our unique timetable allows students to focus on General English (reading, writing ,listening and speaking) in the morning and then break into smaller groups in the afternoon to focus on the following areas:
- Conversation Classes
- IELTS Preparation
- New Zealand High School Preparation
- Business English
What do we offer?
● Our classes cover the full range of language studies including spelling, pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, listening and speaking;
● You’ll get one-on-one time with a teacher every time you complete a test. This means we can track your progress and give you great support;
● NZIE courses are available at different levels: Beginner, Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate and Advanced / IELTS levels;
● Our teaching methods are enhanced by the use of audio, video and chosen materials;
● Upon completion, you will receive a General English Certificate from NZIE.
Start dates: Every week on Monday (except for the weeks that include Christmas and New Year)
Hours of tuition
• Full-time: 20 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday, From 9am to 2pm
Students attend 15 hours (15 x 1 hour lessons) of General English and 5 hours of an Elective Subject (e.g. IELTS Preparation)
• Intensive Full-time: 25 teaching hours per week, Monday to Friday, From 9am to 3pm
• Part-time: 15 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday, From 9am to 12pm (This course is only available if you hold a New Zealand Visitor Visa or a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa)
Students attend 15 hours (15 x 1 hour lessons)
Enrolment period: 1 – 48 weeks.
Once you’ve successfully completed this course you can enrol onto a Business or IT Diploma with NZIE.