Avonmore Diploma in Computer Network Engineering (Level 5)
NZQA Recognised IT Qualification
Graduate with a practical and recognised qualification that opens up opportunities in the exciting world of I.T.
The Diploma in Computer Network Engineering will focus on you becoming a Computer Technician and Network Engineer. You’ll even complete industry qualifications from CompTIA and Microsoft which will help you in the employment market.
Avonmore Tertiary Institute has over 21 years experience in delivering the best I.T. courses in New Zealand. Our courses are employment-focussed which means that we teach practical, hands-on skills to help you to get that ‘dream’ job in I.T.
The I.T. job market is competitive so that’s why we talk to the I.T. industry and design our courses around what they demand from our graduates! That’s why we’re one of the only I.T. Institutes that offer professional CompTIA A+ and Network+ examinations in the entry-level Diploma.
During the course you will receive ‘mentorship’ opportunities with an employer so you can get some really good experience in the workplace. This programme is unique to NZIE and is offered as part of the course at no extra cost to you.
Why study the I.T. and Computer Network Engineering at Avonmore Tertiary Institute?
● Small interactive classes with our online resources gives you all the support you need. Our maximum class size is 20 which means you will receive 1-to-1 support from our experienced teachers.
Benefit: Supportive, individual focus to learning. Students receive more one-to-one tutorial time with our teachers
● Get certified! International Qualfications from CompTIA and Microsoft are included in all our I.T. courses.
Benefit: To get a job in New Zealand you need these qualifications as they prove to employers that you are a ‘practical’ I.T. Technician.
● Our custom-built campus includes computer lab and server room which means you’ll get all the practical opportunities.
Benefit: More practical work.
● ALL students receive Study Skills support including personal development and communication skills.
Benefit: More personal confidence on completing the course allows our students more opportunity to gain a job after completing the course.
● ‘Think Recruit’ . Our dedicated recruitment team offer FREE recruitment and employment services to ALL students
Benefit: You are more likely to receive work opportunities with NZIE than with other institutions.
● Free Conversation Classes for International Students. Our timetable allows students to continue studying English while studying our I.T. Course
Benefit: International Students will graduate with a higher level of English and greater opportunities of gaining employment or success at University
The Avonmore Computer Engineering Diploma is made up of two certificates:
Computer Technician: Learn the fundamentals of being a computer techician. This certificate leads to the CompTIA A+ examination.
- PC Components and Systems
- Help Desk and Supporting Users
- Elementary Security Issues
- Installation and configuration of operating systems
Computer Networking: Learn the fundamentals of computer networking. This certificate leads to the CompTIA N+ examination.
- Network planning, troubleshooting and security
- Network management
- Application and edge servers
- Client Management Tools
- File and Print Servers
- Network operating systems
- Protocols and Standards
Duration: 37 weeks + 3 weeks holiday
Starting Dates: 11 February 2013 , 11 March 2013
Qualifications the student will gain:
- Avonmore Diploma in Computing (Network Engineering) Level 5
- CompTIA A+ qualification
- CompTIA Network+ qualification
Graduate & Employment Opportunities
I.T. Technician, Network Installation, Help Desk Operator, Entry Level Network Administrator. NZIE’s own Recruitment Agency , ‘Think Recruit’ will assist you with work placement.
Enrol on the Avonmore Network Systems Engineering Diploma ( Level 6)
New Zealand Students
A minimum age of 17
A desire to work in the I.T. industry
Passing an Avonmore Entry test which covers literacy and numeracy
5.5 or higher for IELTS (or an equivalent test); Students must be at least 18 years old.
Where: Available at our two Auckland Campuses: Takapuna Beach( North Shore City) and Manukau City Campuses
Fees: Contact us on 0800 693 382 or send us an enquiry here for more information on fees for domestic students
Student loans and allowances are available to all NZIE domestic students if you meet the criteria. Find out if you’re eligible by calling StudyLink on Freephone 0800 889 900 or visit www.studylink.govt.nz
To find out more or enrol : click on the ‘want to know more’ button and send us your details. We’ll contact you within 24 hours with more information.